MESIA Solar Awards 2021
The Middle East Solar Awards is the industry’s premier awards ceremony. This annual event, now in its ninth edition, serves as a platform to recognize and celebrate exceptional talent and achievements in the MENA solar market. There are 11 awards categories and the application process is open to everyone.
THE CEREMONY WILL TAKE PLACE:
May 25th, 2021, THE ADDRESS BEACH HOTEL AND RESORT, DUBAI, UAE
REGISTER NOW TO ATTEND
Application Process (No application fees)
Please have all your project information ready before you start the process. In each case, your entry will consist of your answers to the following two questions:
- What is your achievement? (150 words max.)
- Provide a brief on project, design, localization of material if applicable….etc. (150 words max.)
- What is the impact of your achievement on the industry, segment or any key Solar initiative in the ME region. (150 words max.)
You are encouraged to select the best category which applies to your project/achievement. Multiple applications for the same project/achievement will be rendered void.
We are thrilled to be able to count on the unmatched expertise of 8 independent jury members coming from the entire region:
- Abdullatif N. Albitawi CEng, SFIIRSM, MEI, Secretary General and Honorary Vice Chair, Energy Institute, Middle East Branch
- Dr. Steven Griffits, Senior Vice President, Research and Development Professor of Practice Khalifa University of Science and Technology United Arab Emirates
- Eng. Mohammed Dabbas Senior Advisor, Arab Renewable Energy Commission (AREC)
- Amjad Abdula, head of Partnership International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
- Philippe Malbranche, Additional Director-General of the ISA in charge of programme and technology, International Solar Alliance (ISA)
- Dr. Raed Bkayrat, Senior Advisor, Clean Energy Business Council (CEBC)
- Dr. Sausan Al Riyami, Senior Expert at the research at Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation in Oman and Renewable Energy Cluster leader at EJAAD
- Dr. Firas Balasmeh CEO – Firas Balasmeh Corporation for Control Systems – FB Group
Discover the biography of each jury members at the bottom of the page. Select the appropriate year and then the jury tab.
8 judges, drawn from across the industry, will evaluate each of the applications and select the winner for each of the 11 categories. The trophies will be handed out at a Gala Ceremony (physical or virtual depending on the sanitary situation)
- UTILITY SCALE SOLAR PROJECT OF THE YEAR (Must be located in the MENA region / Financial close in 2020 / Must be grid-connected / Must have National utility as offtaker)
- COMMERCIAL & INDUSTRIAL SOLAR PROJECT OF THE YEAR(Must be located in the MENA region / Financial close in 2020 / Must be for own consumption of non-residential private offtaker)
- RESIDENTIAL SOLAR PROJECT OF THE YEAR(Must be located in the MENA region / Single Solar system for residential off-taker or group of independent residential off-takers / Project may include solar only, solar+storage or any other hybrid system / Project may be grid-connected or stand-alone )
- REGIONAL COMPANY (EPC, MANUFACTURER, DEVELOPER,…) OF THE YEAR(Must be headquartered in the MENA region)
- FINANCIAL ADVISOR /CONSULTANT OF THE YEAR(Must present one project located in MENA / Advisory service must have taken place between November 2019 and January 2021)
- LEGAL ADVISOR / CONSULTANT OF THE YEARMust present one project located in MENA region / Advisory service must have taken place between November 2019 and January 2021)
- SOLAR ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEARThe business must be headquartered in MENA region
- WOMAN IN SOLAR OF THE YEARMust be based in the MENA region
- SOLAR INNOVATION (SYSTEM, PRODUCT OR SERVICE) OF THE YEAR
- SOLAR ENERGY PICTURE OF THE YEAR- Must be captured in the MENA region and taken during 2020 or 2021
Submissions are now CLOSED- REGISTER NOW TO ATTEND!