- This event has passed.
UAE Solar Energy Perspectives Across Borders: Focus on UAE
February 8 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
UAE Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Goals
The Emirates have made a lot of progress towards their aggressive renewable energy and sustainability goals. By 2050, the UAE aims to produce 50% of its energy from clean sources, divided between 44% renewable energy and 6% nuclear. But 2020 has been a difficult year for everyone, and the UAE is contending with low-oil prices, deploying renewables during the pandemic, and changing electricity patterns, just to name a few key challenges.
In this webinar, a panel of experts will analyze the outlook for solar energy in the UAE. They will discuss:
· Status of large-scale renewable energy projects in the UAE
· Impact of covid and post covid on renewables energy market in UAE
· Scaling up investments / Financing portfolios of Solar PV Assets in Dubai
· Status of distributed solar projects in the UAE
· Impact of new technologies including Big Data, AI and automation on asset management and utilization as well as LCOE.
· The role of cutting-edge technologies, such as floating solar, artificial intelligence and green buildings, in furthering the UAE’s energy goals
CONFIRMED SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
Muna Ahmad Alamoodi, Director of Future Energy, Ministry of Energy and Infrastructure
Bruce Smith, Forecasting and Planning Director, EWEC (Emirates Water and Electricity Company)
Anup Isaac Country Director, UAE & OMAN, Yellow Door Energy
Mohammed Bin Kuwair, Senior Manager, International Business, Bee’ah
Soheyl Mortazav- Solar Energy Consultant, DNV GL
MASDAR SPEAKER TBC
Recording and presentations: Solar Energy in MENA – UAE Solar Energy Outlook here.